Today is a special day in our house. It’s my daughter’s birthday—she’s 13 years old! That’s 13 I said; Thirteen; 1 decade and 3! Do I feel like an old fart? Well, yeah, kind of, which is why I’m still baffled about constantly being branded a big kid.
Anyway, we’re off out tonight to celebrate as a family so I won’t be doing anything except eating and drinking.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, COOKIE!!!
Did anyone watch the final of the Men’s Hockey last night? It’s not a sport I’ve ever been into much but wowser was it a cracker! I hadn’t given much of it a glance when I tuned in with 10 minutes to go. I got hooked quite quickly then when the USA equalised against Canada and I wasn’t going anywhere! Most exciting stuff, it was.
What was that? Oh, that must have been winter! All of a sudden March is here and although it’s still damn cold I *think* today marks the first day of spring as far as the seasonal monthly shift goes. It’s usually nearer the end of the month or into April before we start to fee any lift in temperature, but still, Christmas time and all that snow, snow, snow seems so very long ago.
Did you manage to catch my monthly GDR review I posted last night? I had a damn fine month and I bet you’re wondering how I got on with my extremely demanding mini-GDR over the course of the weekend? Here’s how it looked come close of business last night:
- 5,000 words on BACCARA BURNING – 20% DONE (i.e. not done)
- Complete 1st draft of stage play – STALLED
- Prepare March newsletter – DONE
- February GDR review – DONE
- March GDR Plan – DONE
- Complete Spring issue of RR – DONE
- More polishing of SILLY POEMS 2 chapbook- DONE
The play stalled because it needed to be a lot longer and yet it felt complete. I have until the end of April if I’m going to submit it, which is just as well because I really became at a loss with what to do with it—if anything at all. Then last night while lying in bed it came to me. I suddenly realised the bonds and breaks between the two characters and I can continue. So I put it back on my GDR for March.
Speaking of which…
* Complete writing BACCARA BURNING
* Write at least one new short/flash story
* Re-submit any rejected/recalled short stories
* Submit more fiction/poetry competitions
* Work on stage play, LETTING GO
* Write at least one poem per week
* Complete polishing the layout of SP2
* Order & final check proof copy
* Write & distribute press release
* Seek out & schedule promo slots
* Create website page
* Create promo video
* Stay on top of RR submissions
* Start preparing for June 10 issue
* Get some gigs to review for NotW
* Keep up all websites updated and relevant
* Photography client updates pending
Reading & Learning
* The Kenneth William Diaries by Russell Davies
* On Writing by Stephen King
Till tomorrow, peace out!