No April Fool jokes from me this year you’ll notice. I’ve turned into a nice guy from being a sicko and quite frankly I don’t think my poor mother can handle any more.
I once had her in tears when I told her I was getting married after seeing a girl for two weeks. That was funny for a moment, then not so funny.
Then a few years ago I sent out an email saying I was giving up everything to go and work with a group of guerilla fighters in Papua New Guinea. She left her office terribly upset when instead she should have scrolled down the email to see a picture of the guerillas—a group of topless beauties clutching M-15s—she never spoke to me for several days.
Moral: It’s not worth the hassle.
I slept in accidentally yesterday morning. No bad thing because I’M STILL ON HOLIDAY!!! I got up and checked my email and all that usual stuff, did a spot of reading, then jumped into a cab to go and meet my wife for lunch. We ate in her staff restaurant and for an office canteen it was surprisingly good stuff. I had a sirloin steak in mustard sauce with potato parfait, which I followed up with vanilla and lime cheesecake and a free Easter Crème Egg that I kept for later. Gloriously sexy food I have to say.
We had some stuff to take care of in the afternoon, which all went rather smoothly and better than we expected, then we went for coffee and pastries—hey, I’m on holiday!—before heading back home. So after what was a great day out it was almost 5pm before I got to sit down at the computer. And I had SO much to do, most of which involved preparing for today, which is after all RELEASE DAY SILLY POEMS FOR WEE PEOPLE VOL.2!!!
If you want the chance to win free copies of the e-book and signed copies of the paperback, you should start following me on Twitter asap!
And of course sign up for the newsletter here.
If you are really interested, click here for the press release.
* Complete writing BACCARA BURNING
* Final edit of GREENER IS THE GRASS
* Renew myself with GATECRASH
* Write at least one new short/flash story
* Re-submit any rejected/recalled short stories
* Submit more fiction/poetry competitions
* Write at least one poem per week
* Launch SILLY POEMS 2 (SP2)
* Triple-check proof
* Final proof of press release
* Distribute press release
* Seek out promo slots
* Launch website page
* Create and launch promo video
* The Patter competition
* Twitter competition
* Stay on top of RR submissions
* Start preparing for June ‘10 issue
* Get some gigs to review for NotW
* Keep up all websites updated and relevant
* Photography client updates pending
* B&B client renewals
Reading & Learning
* The Kenneth William Diaries by Russell Davies
* On Writing by Stephen King
* Suggs and the City by Suggs
Until tomorrow, peace and out!