* Complete polishing off GATECRASH – not complete; still in progress
* Send GATECRASH to beta readers – not done
* Submit and recycle short fiction returns – not done
* Publish SILLY POEMS FOR WEE PEOPLE on Kindle – complete
* Continue work on LONDON chapbook for spring release – complete
* Continue writing coffee shop poetry book – complete
* Prepare RR March (issue 18-March ‘12) – not done
* Keep up with subs for issue 19 (June ’12) – not done
* Development work on GGP Boudoir website – in progress; still at design idea stage
* Development work on Driving School website – waiting for image selection from client
* Gig reviews: none scheduled – no gigs this month
Marketing / Networking
* Advertise SILLY POEMS FOR WEE PEOPLE – complete; need more targeted
* SLICK: Send out advance copies to reviewers – not complete
* SLICK: Seek out blog tour appearances – not complete
* SLICK: Prepare and issue press releases – not complete
* SLICK: Internet trailer – not complete
* Lit Salon on 31st – can’t make it due to other committments
Reading / Learning
* AROMABINGO by David Gaffney – read
* NIGHTCRAWLER by Diane Parkin – IP
* THE NEWBIES GUIDE TO PUBLISHING by JA Konrath – IP
* HILDA’S BIG DAY OUT by Allan Guthrie – read
Things That Turned Up
* Signed up for two readings at the Penicuik Arts Society and Festival in September
* Signed up to take a children’s poetry workshop at the Penicuik Arts Festival in September
Submissions Activity Summary
* SLICK was published as a digital download on 2nd January ad has received some excellent reviews so far. Sales have been good and the whole thing has proved I was right to go ahead with the project.
* Release date set for summer crime novella, GREENER IS THE GRASS, on 4th May.
* The illustrated edition of SILLY POEMS FOR WEE PEOPLE was well received and has spurred a surge in sales of the Kindle version.
* Being asked to perform at the Penicuik Arts Society and Festival later this year was an honour, and has added a new dimension for me to think about with regards to adult performances (I’ve only ever done kids sessions).
My day job has interfered with a lot of my work plans this month. There’s a lot of intense work going on that has drained me of energy and hampered my muse. Overall, I never got through anywhere as much work as I should have and the demands I placed on myself for the start of the year weren’t overly demanding. I feel like I’ve lost a month.