It’s been a while.
I’ve not written anything, fictional or poetic, since last spring. That’s the best part of nine months. And I’ve not blogged since the middle of last September.
The reason for this has been a shift of focus on the things in my life – things that are of necessity if one is to keep the roof where it is and the fridge fully stocked. I left my job and moved into the I.T. freelance market, a move that has been as challenging as it has been rewarding, but that has also meant no time was left with which to be creative.
With the new year change, however, I’ve come to a decision that things have to change. I need to take back what is mine and move my creative spirit into a new realm, a new reality, and a new era.
With that in mind there are two things I am going to do with this blog post:
1- wrap up 2012
2- kick 2013 off with the Bright and Beautiful Blog Award
BEST OF 2012
Best Album Bought: Oui Oui, Si Si, Ja Ja, Da Da by Madness
Best Live Gig: The Charlatans, Barrowland, June
Best Musical Discovery: Fat Goth
Best Fiction Book Read: The Road by Cormack McCarthy
Best Crime Fiction Book Read: Hit & Run by Doug Johnstone
Best Non-Fiction Book Read: A Newbies Guide to Publishing by JA Konrath
Best Poetry Book Read: The Month of the Asparagus by Keith Armstrong
Best Author Discovery: Chris Morton (for English Slacker)
Best Film (cinema): Dark Shadows
Best Film (DVD rental): Let The Right One In
Best Meal: Anniversary meal with my wife at The Tower
Best Sesh: Blackpool, July
Single Most Embarrassing Moment: Wasn’t one that I can remember!
Single Most Memorable Moment: Making the move into the freelance I.T. market
BRIGHT AND BEAUTIFUL BLOG AWARD
This is one of these blog questionnaires that comes around every few months or so, and was passed to me by Jamaican writer, Nadine Tomlinson.
So here we go:
1. Who is your favourite philosopher? Foghorn Leghorn
2. What is your favourite number? 7
3. What is your favourite animal? Bunnies
4. What is your favourite time of day? Very very early morning
5. What are your Facebook and Twitter accounts? Twitter: @colingalbraith
6. What is your favourite holiday? The Greek islands in July
7. What is your favourite physical activity? Watching Beach Volleyball
8. What is your favourite non-alcoholic drink? Milk
9. What is your passion? Music
10. What is your favourite flower? A rose
The writers I would normally pass this on to seem to already have had it, so I’ll stop there and thanks Nadine once again for including me.